Monthly Meetings (Sept. – April) are held on the third Tuesday of each month at:
The Maple Tree Supper Club
6010 Hwy. 51 McFarland, WI
Meetings start at 7:00
Many members come early to socialize over dinner before the meeting, the restaurant serves a wide variety of reasonably priced items.
We welcome non-members to join us for a meeting or two, and then decide if we are their kind of organization.
2016-2017 Club Activities by Month
- Sept 20 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: Abe Downs, Great Northern Fly Fishing
Fishing Opportunities on the Upper Wisconsin
- Oct 18 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: Mike Jacobs, Monticello, Iowa
Smallmouth in the Iowa Driftless Area
- Nov 15 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: John Lyons, Supervisor for the WDNR’s Southern Wisconsin Fisheries Research Team
The Lower Wisconsin River Smallmouth Population, habits, movement and abundance
- Dec 13 – Annual Holiday Party – Speaker: Sumner Matteson an Avian Ecologist who worked for the Wisconsin DNR
Tales from the Trail. Restoring Trumpeter Swans in Wisconsin 1986-2016
- Jan 17 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: Bill Schultz
Finding and Catching Small River Smallies
- Feb 11 – Badger Fly Fisher Spring Opener
- Feb 21 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: Bradd Simms, WDNR fisheries biologist
2016 survey results and current conditions of smallmouth bass streams for southern Grant and Lafayette Co.
- Mar 21 – WSA Monthly Meeting – Speaker: Tim Landwehr, Tight Lines Flyfishing Co., DePere, WI
Smallmouth bass in North East WI